Monday, December 26, 2022

Honest Review of Beetles Gel Polish Kit with UV Light


Ever since the pandemic, I too decided to do my own nails. How hard can it really be right? I tried the glue on nails. I tried the nail stickers. I bought a gel nail sticker kit. That one was great by the way.  

Before purchasing this kit, I looked at quite a few. I tend to fall in the DIY category of people. I'd rather cheap out and create things myself rather than pay someone. I'm not sure it's the cheapest thing, but it is the fun way of doing things. (Full disclosure, as an Amazon Affiliate I receive a small portion of the sale. You are not charged any additional money and this in no way affects my review. I paid full price.

I am a little ashamed to say that I bought this kit for someone else as a Christmas gift but based on the price I wanted to try it out first in case it sucked. So yes, I will buy another one and gladly gift it. I chose the Coffee Cafe collection which is a set of five different neutral brown colors.



Review Summary

This product is easy to use. Comes with clear instructions and everything you need to make beautiful nails in a few minutes time.

This kit is perfect for those who don't have a lot of time but still want pretty and quality nails. This kit is perfect for those of us that don't want to spend a lot of time and money on getting our nails done but still want that fresh from the nail salon look and feel. Plus, it gives you a nice variety of colors. 

What You Get

included accessories
Cute colorful box that includes everything you need to give yourself a nail makeover.  The kit includes everything except for gel polish remover. Your trustee reviewer does not have the gel remover but has noticed that the paint easily peels right off.

  • small UV light with USB cable
  • six nail polish colors
  • one base gel
  • one top gel
  • two nail files
  • a detail brush set
  • gold and silver foil
  • cuticle pusher/scraper
  • nail clipper

Alternatives

There are so many alternatives. Too many to count. This Beetles Gel Polish Kit with UV Light is so cool. It was the cheapest one I could find with a UV light. You could go out and buy the most expensive, a mid-priced and the cheapest one if you have that kind of cash and time but I don't. 

If I had to choose over, I would go with a bigger UV light. I think this is what most of the reviewers on Amazon also said. Other that the size of the light, this kit is well worth the money. I definitely got a great deal!

Plus, once you have a UV light, buying additional gel colors is relatively cheap.

Results

It has been 4 days since I applied the gel polish. You have to understand that I wash a lot of dishes and I wash my hands a lot too. I tend to use scalding hot water. And my nails chip very easily. I just started taking collagen. I hope it helps. My pinky nails seem to be the strongest. Polish always lasts longer on my pinkies.

That said, Day one was awesome. It only took 10- minutes to apply (I wanted to be careful, and I've never used this kind of kit before) and my nails were so shiny and smooth! 

Day two, I think I started noticing some slight chipping. I must have got my nail caught in something because my entire nail was broken.

Day three, I noticed more peeling on my right hand. I am right-handed, so my right gets used more than the left hand. But once I see peeling, I have to keep going. Just like when I see one nail broken, I have to bite all of them. Weird I know.

Day four, two polished peeled completely off. My right ring and middle fingers are bare right now. 

I am going to do a second coat on these two nails. Otherwise, the rest of my nails still look fabulous, and I can't stop staring!

8 days later... as you can see, only the polish on my pinky and ring fingers remains. I use my thumb, index and pointer fingers a lot. I am probably rougher than the average lady. 

Pro-tip: if you get paint on your finger the chance of it peeling off early is higher. I did that with a couple nails and I started to feel my hair getting stuck in between a couple days ago. 

But the good news is that none of my nails have chipped since the paint, and they are growing out nicely! 

Beetles Gel Nail Polish Kit

Overall, for the price, this kit is worth it. If you have a bigger budget, definitely go with a regular size UV light. I don't mind the smaller light. It works fine. Salon quality nails on a tight budget. 

My nails lasted longer than any regular polish has ever lasted but only by a couple days. 

I will update my post with a double coat and see if it makes a difference.

Click here to go directly to the listing on Amazon (as an Amazon affiliate I get a tiny portion of the sale,
 but this does not affect the price you pay).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Bought a Truck Camper Sight Unseen from Another State

In the Market for a Truck Camper? Are You Considering Another State? After looking for my next camping tiny home (recreational vehicle), I f...