Saturday, September 3, 2022

How to Pack for a Weekend Camping Trip with Dogs

 

Last Minute Camping Trip Anxiety

Have you ever decided on a last-minute camp trip? Yes, then you understand why I feel rushed and anxious but excited all at the same time. Not only do I have to pack my own clothes, but I also have two dogs I have to make sure are packed up and ready to go too.

On the last trip, I had two weeks' notice, I forgot to pack the blanket! My husband and I had to fight over the throw blanket. Sometime during the night when I woke up freezing, I realized that he won.  

Luckily, I was able to find a loose bed sheet under the dinette seat. 
This time of the year I won't risk freezing to death. But I still need a blanket, even if just to cover my behind. 

First, I Pack the Dogs

The worst thing that could happen is I forget their toys or food or glow necklaces and we're blah number of miles away from town. No, my babies are first.

Then, We Pack our Stuff
It's the end of the summer. The days are hot, and the nights are cool. We're staying in San Diego so it will chill down nicely by evening. No need for a jacket. I'll be fine with a light sweater or hoodie. My UGGs for the evening and some comfortable walking shoes for the day. We're staying at a Thousand Trails (more on that next post). 

The RV has heat and air conditioning so if it gets too uncomfortable, we can always run inside. But we prefer hangin' outside as much as possible. 

telescoping tripod with remoteA Little Something Extra 

I like to take a lot of pictures; I bring my tripod with me otherwise I would never be in the picture. It comes with a remote and can accommodate a large phone and for the price, this thing can't be beat. 

It's lasted for years, and I use it for the holidays as well! I ended up buying a photo backdrop and some soft boxy lights because it sounded like fun and everyone loves it! It makes for great pictures at party's and holidays.
Home away from home


Bicycles, because the campground is large and while it's nice to take walk it's also nice to get somewhere fast when you need to. 

Last is my misting fans. The mist is so fine that it doesn't get all over the place. It does a good job as long you're realistic and keep it close to you. Check out the link above.



It might seem like a lot to some people, but it works me and my little family. I try to pack in as much family as possible, even if we're only going away for a couple days. 

Make every day count! 
Evening dinner table 


Did I miss something, let me know what you bring with you on a glamping weekend or holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Bought a Truck Camper Sight Unseen from Another State

In the Market for a Truck Camper? Are You Considering Another State? After looking for my next camping tiny home (recreational vehicle), I f...